Victor, the Principal Partner in OBAIKA AND COMPANY; graduated from the University of Joe. Plateau State with an LLB and the Nigerian Law School, Abuja with a BL.
Victor has signiﬁcant corporate and litigation counselor experience. particularly with institutional and international Clientele. He has the ability to focus exclusively on the Legal Firms Clientele business goals and thereafter work legally and creatively to ensure that they achieve those goals in a timely and cost effective fashion.
His unique forte therefore. is in providing solution oriented legal counselor expertise, in an expeditious manner, so that the Firms Clientele business objectives are consistently attained.
Some of Victor's recent transactions include but are not limited to:
- Advising an international lntemet Service Provider (ISP) Company (with ofﬁces on three continents) in its Nigerian debt recovery matters.
- Advising as Independent Counsel, in due diligence proceedings, that were an integral part of securing an off shore loan by an international Internal Service Provider (ISP) Company from a European Multilateral Agency.
- Advising on all immigration compliance issues for an international Internet Service Provider (ISP) Company.
- Advising an International Out-of-Home (OOH) Advertising Company In fulﬂlllng It's In country expatriate personnel Immlgratlon compliance Issues.
- Advising on Immigration and legal compliance Issues for an lntematlonal Pharmaceutical Company (the third largest pharmaceutical company in the world)
- Advising a leading Nigerian Maritime Operator, in its due diligence process, subsequent to its proposed merger with another leading Nigerian maritime operator (a transaction with a quantum of approximately $10 Million Dollars).
- Advising an International Consulting Company on fulﬁlling its expatriate personnel immigration compliance issues.
- Advising a renowned Nigerian Maritime Operator in its land and other legal regulatory issues with federal and state government institutions.
- Representing a consortia of expatriates (thirteen in all) in rectifying their unpaid labor situation (a
- transaction with a quantum ofapproximately $7 Million Dollars)
- Representing various other expatriates in resolving their unpaid labor situations (a transaction with a quantum ofapproximately $1 Million Dollars)
- Advising a UK based offshore institution on Nigerian legal compliance issues pursuant to setting up a local educational arm.
- Advising three International Non Proﬁt Institutions on attaining and achieving full Nigerian legal and regulatory compliant status.
- Advising as Lead Retained Counsel an International Out-ot-Home (OOH) Advertising Company in a Pan-Nigeria wide legal audit exercise that culminated in the creation of a Regulatory/Lease DataBase from inception.
- Advising as Lead Retained Counsel an International Out-of Home (00H) Advertising Company in all tax regulatory matters.
- Advising as Lead Retained Counsel an International Out-of —Home (OOH) Advertising Company in unilaterally spear heading a successful debt recovery situation (a transaction with a quantum of approximately $8 Million Dollars).
- Advising as Lead Retained Counsel an International Out-of-Home (OOH) Advertising Company in unilaterally spear heading the successful re-negotiation of a terminated contractual situation into a continued $36 Million Dollar Contract.
- Advising as Lead Retained Counsel an International Advertising Agency in all its immigration, in-ccuntry legal compliance issues and Client contractual matter.